Monday, April 7, 2014

Baby shower cupcake tree!

As much as I like making cakes and cupcakes my favorite by far is a cupcake tree design! I get to make both cake and cupcakes while mixing in lots of different ideas.  I was asked to design cupcakes and a cake topper for a mom to be who was expecting twin girls! I have three boys, so it was a lot of fun looking up pink cupcake and cake ideas.

The cupcakes were a mix of standard size and mini size with chocolate and vanilla flavoring. The frosting was a simple buttercream tinted slightly pink...I wanted to keep the pink really sweet looking and almost colorless. I created fondant toppers for half of the cupcakes to give them some variety.






The cake was a yellow butter cake with buttercream filling. I then covered the cake in a marshmallow fondant.

 And the finished product!




No comments:

Post a Comment