Sunday, June 3, 2012

Birthday Cupcakes

I had a lot of fun creating cupcakes for a cute little boy who is celebrating his birthday this weekend. It started off with finding a creation that would work well for kids and adults! I ended up going with a sundae cupcake.  All the fun of an ice cream sundae without the actual ice cream.  Here is how they turned out.

I started with a basic chocolate cupcake recipe.



The next step was to fill them with a chocolate ganache...yum...it looked amazing!
Here are the cupcakes after being filled.


Then it was time for the fun part.  I chose to pipe the cupcakes with a Wilton large tip to get the same effect as whipped topping on a sundae...then some sprinkles...a cherry on top...and a miniature spoon!


I can't wait to try them at the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment